SALT FREE WATER CONDITIONER. 4.5 LITER 15 GPM 10X54' WITH 9X48" CATALYTIC CARBON FILTER MANUAL VALVE WHOLE HOUSE SYSTEM.
WITH STAINLESS STEEL AND BLACK PLASTIC COVERS
NO Salt Water Conditioning
Scale Prevention System (New Technology)
· NO lime scale build-up on pipes, fixtures or appliances and can even remove existing scale in some cases!
· Easy Installation, Two Connections, Simple pipe in /pipe out!
· Saves water no backwash required simple flow through to point of use!
· NO power required NO timer or backwash cycle!
· NO chemicals or salt required!
· NO maintenance! NO drain required!
· Will not harm the environment; adds or removes nothing from the water while giving the benefits of soft water!
· Saves energy by eliminating the need to heat through insulating scale and save money by extending the life of pipes and appliances!
· The essential calcium and magnesium nutrients removed by traditional water softeners remain and there is no sodium added as with traditional softeners to aggravate cardiovascular or other health problems.
· 50% less soap and detergents required and enjoy whiter whites and brighter colors without hard water stains!
· Fits in limited space one small tank no brine tanks or large regeneration tanks!
How It Works
· Calcium ions, magnesium ions and bicarbonate ions in untreated water form scale on the inside walls of pipe, exterior of fixtures and on heating surfaces because crystallization is not taking effect efficiently between the ions due to their suspension between water molecules and the need to come together in the proper alignment to form crystals. Therefore they form as scale on the surfaces of the water system.
· The system is a simple “physical water treatment” known as TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) Template=mold, guide or pattern. Assisted=Help or make easy. Crystallization=Form a definite shape.
· Inside the TAC treatment tank are porcelain beads with the atomic level pattern of the crystal etched on their surface allowing for the calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate ions to come together on the template to created millions of microscopic crystals of scale that rapidly form and are released from the bead immediately into the treated water, not forming on the contact surfaces of the water system and are carried downstream in suspension through the water system.
· The crystal formation on the microscopic crystals (seed crystals) created on the beads and released in the water stream are the lowest energy reaction possible between the ions therefore existing scale will be dissolved back into the water stream by reacting with and forming crystals.
· The seed crystals are constantly being formed on the beads and released as catalyst for crystal growth in the water steam.
· Crystallization is the process that the “magnet process” and “electrical charging of water” claim to achieve. But by independent testing the electrical and magnetic methods are a maximum of 60% effective at scale prevention leaving an unacceptable level of 40% scaling. The TAC method is tested at 99.9% efficient at scale prevention and removal.
BY PASS VALVE
Whole House 9X48" Carbon Whole House Filter. 1 cu ft. Manual Valve
Carbon is a substance that has a long history of being used to absorb impurities and is perhaps the most powerful absorbent known to man. One pound of carbon contains a surface area of roughly 125 acres and can absorb literally thousands of different chemicals. Activated carbon which has a slight electro-positive charge added to it, making it even more attractive to chemicals and impurities.
The two most important factors affecting the efficiency of activated carbon filtration are the amount of carbon in the unit and the amount of time the contaminant spends in contact with it. the more carbon the better. Similarly, the lower the flow rate of the water, the more time contaminants will be in contact with the carbon, and the more absorption that will take place. Particle size also affects removal rates. The most common carbon types used in water filtration are bituminous, wood, and coconut shell carbons. While coconut shell carbon typically costs 20% more than the others, it is generally regarded as the most effective of the three. All of our activated carbon filters use coconut shell carbon.
Benefits and Importance of a Backwash Cycle.
As the filter operates in service mode, it collects particles in the filter bed. Also, since water's nature is to follow the path of least resistance, after a time it begins to cut channels through the medium. As channels or holes in the media bed form, water begins to flow around rather than through the medium. This process is called "channeling" and it reduces the effectiveness of the filter considerably.
The backwash is accomplished by sending the water down the riser tube from which it enters the filter tank at the bottom. The force of the water is such that it actually lifts the media bed, swirling and tossing the granular medium. The water leaves the filter tank through the control valve, which routes it through the filter's drain line. Particles that were in the bed are washed to drain. The backwash is an intense rinsing and tossing of the medium that lasts for several minutes. In a standard residential filter, a typical backwash lasts about ten minutes.
After the backwash, the controls initiate a "rinse" of the bed during which water flows downward through the medium, up through the distribution tube and out the drain. The purpose of this rinse is to rinse and settle the bed and prepare it for return to service flow. A regular backwash cycle prolongs the efficiency of the filter as well as provides cleaner water for your home.
Manual valve. How they work This is the Manual valve. It has very few moving parts, and easy to use. When you need to backwash a filter, you put it into the backwash cycle for 10 minutes, followed by a rinse for 3 minutes, and then back into the service mode. That is all there is to it! Once a week schedule for backwashing is generally sufficient. For a more economical product, and ease of use, we recommend you get this rather than opting for a unit that does not backwash, read the section on the benefits of backwashing above.
9X48" Mineral Tank (Almond,Black or Blue)
Catalytic Carbon media 1 cu ft.
Please visit our store for more systems, replacement filters, and parts for your system